- U.S. Representative (D-NY)
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Do Electronic Voting Machines Improve the Voting Process?"
Having a foreign government investing in or owning a company that supplies voting machines for U.S. elections could raise concerns over the integrity of elections conducted with these machines.
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to electronic voting machine issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to electronic voting machine issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- U.S. Representative from New York’s 14th District (Manhattan and Queens), 1992-present
- New York City Council, 1982-1992
- Various senior staff positions, New York State Assembly and State Senate, 1977-1982
- Ranking Democratic House Member – Congressional Joint Economic Committee
- Member,U.S. House Committees on Financial Services; Government Reform
- Military Order of the Purple Heart for Meritorious and Conspicuous Service for Veterans
- Distinguished Public Service Award – National Family Planning and Reproductive Health Association
- Queen’s Women of Distinction Award – Queen’s Women’s Political Caucus
- Global Peace Award – Peace Action
- Ellis Island Medal of Honor
- BA, Greensboro College, 1977
- First member of the New York City Council to give birth while in office