- County Clerk of Travis County, TX
- Pro to the question "Do Electronic Voting Machines Improve the Voting Process?"
“In my role as Elections Administrator for Travis County, I am asked questions about electronic voting in response to stories that have surfaced in the news and on the Internet…The [electronic] voting system we use today is more accurate and tamper proof than any other voting method we have employed in the past.”
Testimony before U.S. Election Assistance Commission, 2004
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to electronic voting machine issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to electronic voting machine issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- County Clerk, Travis County, Texas
- Texas representative on federal Election Assistance Commission Standards Board
- Serves on Elections Security Sub-committee of the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers
- Best Practices Award, The Election Center, 2005
- Testified before U.S. Election Assistance Commission (EAC), 2004
- Distinguished Public Service Award, LBJ School of Public Affairs Alumni Association, 2002
- Official election observer in Bosnia on behalf of the International Foundation of Election Systems and the United Nations, 1996
- Official election observer in South Africa on behalf of the International Foundation of Election Systems and the United Nations, 1994
- MA, Public Affairs, University of Texas, 1981
- None found
- Quoted in:
- Are Electronic Voting Systems Vulnerable to Hacking?
- Are There Sufficient Procedures in Place to Guard against Physical Tampering with Electronic Voting Machines?
- Is There an Effective Method in Place to Assure the Accuracy of Ballot Definition Files?
- Is Transmitting Votes from Individual Polling Stations to the Central Tabulation Center a Secure Process?
- What Are the Stages of Testing Electronic Voting Machines?
- Is Logic and Accuracy Testing an Effective Method of Assuring That Electronic Voting Machines Are Operating Properly before an Election?