- Pro to the question "Do Electronic Voting Machines Improve the Voting Process?"
“Direct recording electronic (DRE) machines utilize the power of information technology to address the shortcomings of older format voting systems. These systems are more portable, less susceptible to break down, feature context sensitive help capabilities, can be programmed in different languages and have multiple layers of redundancy. Other DRE advantages include ease of use, accuracy and reliability, accessibility, adaptability, and security.”
“Statement of Principles,” Election Technology Council website (accessed July, 2004)
The Election Technology Council (ETC) consists of companies which offer voting system technology hardware products, software and services to support the electoral process. These companies have organized as an association to work together to address common issues facing our industry.
The ETC is a coalition of companies dedicated to the development, delivery and support of electronic voting solutions to the American electorate.
- None found
- Quoted in:
- Are Electronic Voting Machines Mechanically Reliable?
- Should Electronic Voting Machines Have Voter Verified Paper Audit Trails?
- What Are the Stages of Testing Electronic Voting Machines?
- Are Electronic Voting Machines More Susceptible to Fraud Than Other Types of Voting Machines?
- Is It Possible to Have a Meaningful Recount from an Electronic Voting Machine?
- Does the Help America Vote Act of 2002 (HAVA) Mandate Voter Verified Paper Audit Trails?
- Should Source Code for Electronic Voting Machines Be Publicly Available?
- Do Electronic Voting Machines Prevent Residual Votes?
- Do Electronic Voting Machines Accurately Capture Voter Intent?
- Do Electronic Voting Machines Allow for Meaningful Audits?
- Could Electronic Voting Machine Software Be Programmed to Alter the Outcome of an Election?
- Is It Appropriate for Private Electronic Voting Machine Manufacturers to Facilitate Public Elections?
- Is It Possible for One Person to Vote Multiple Times in the Same Election on an Electronic Voting Machine?
- Is It Appropriate for Former Election Officials to Work for Electronic Voting Machine Manufacturers?
- Are Electronic Voting Systems Vulnerable to Hacking?