- Founder of IBM Corporation
- None Found to the question "Do Electronic Voting Machines Improve the Voting Process?"
No position found as of Feb. 13, 2008
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- National Inventors Hall of Fame (posthumous), 1990
- Patents first automated data computation system (U.S. Patent 395,782 458KB), which uses a system of punched cards, to improve the process of compiling the U.S. census, 1889
- Considered the pioneer of modern computing
- The company he founded, Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company, changes its name to International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), 1924
- Bronze Medal, World’s Columbian Exposition, 1892
- Elliott Cresson Medal of the Franklin Institute of Philadelphia, 1890
- Medaille d’Or, Exposition Universelle de 1889, 1889
- PhD, Engineering, Columbia University, 1890
- EM (Engineer of Mines), Columbia University School of Mines, 1879
- Died on 1929