- President of Notable Software, Inc.
- Con to the question "Do Electronic Voting Machines Improve the Voting Process?"
“I am adamantly opposed to the use of fully electronic or Internet-based systems for use in anonymous balloting and vote tabulation applications.”
Statement on electronic voting machines, www.notablesoftware.com (accessed Apr. 7, 2006)
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to electronic voting machine issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to electronic voting machine issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- President and Founder, Notable Software, Inc.
- Has been researching and testifying on the subject of electronic voting since 1989
- Popularized the “Mercuri Method” of voter verified balloting, which includes a paper audit trail that is used as the official record of votes, especially in case of dispute
- Provided testimony about electronic voting systems before the U.S. House of Representatives, Federal Election Commission, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit (regarding the 2000 U.S. Presidential election), U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, National Institute of Standards and Technology, and United Kingdom Cabinet
- Radcliffe Institute Fellow, 2004-2005
- Co-founder and board member of the Princeton Professional chapters of the Association of Computer Machinery (ACM) and Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Computer Society
- Contributing Editor and Security Watch columnist, Communications of the ACM
- PhD, Computer and Information Science, University of Pennsylvania
- MS, Engineering, University of Pennsylvania
- MSci, Computer Science, Drexel University
- None found
- Quoted in:
- Are There Sufficient Procedures in Place to Guard against Physical Tampering with Electronic Voting Machines?
- What Is a Voter Verified Paper Audit Trail (VVPAT)?
- Do Voter Verified Paper Audit Trails Disenfranchise Disabled Voters and Language Minorities?
- Should Electronic Voting Machines Have Voter Verified Paper Audit Trails?
- Do Voter Verified Paper Audit Trails Increase the Likelihood of an Electronic Voting Machine Malfunctioning?