- Founder and Managing Partner of ForeFront Election Solutions, LLC
- Pro to the question "Do Electronic Voting Machines Improve the Voting Process?"
“There is no legitimate reason that voters should not have complete confidence in our electronic voting systems. It would be a crime if voters choose not to vote in this election because of malicious fear mongering.
These recommendations cross the line of civil discourse and pose a real threat to the democratic process they purport to defend. To vigorously advocate for more auditing tools for electronic voting is not inappropriate.
To actively attempt to discredit, in the minds of voters, the certified, reliable and timetested voting technology on the eve of an election for the purposes of promoting personal agendas is dangerous, dishonest and destructive. To accuse or imply that local elections officials lack a concern for the security and integrity of our elections is untrue and libelous.
The voting systems being used in [California] Riverside and San Bernardino Counties are secure. Extremely effective counter-measures have been developed and implemented to thwart real and hypothetical threats. Electronic voting systems have been used throughout the nation for more than 15 years, and there is not a single documented incident of fraud or tampering with these systems. Having said this, no voting system is perfect, nor will a perfectly secure system ever be developed. As long as there is a human factor, errors can be made. The safeguards and security measures used in both counties prevent and detect attempts at fraud. Voters can have confidence that all existing voting technology in use in the Inland Empire will accurately record and report their votes.”
Cowritten with Mischelle Townsend, “Local Voices,” Press Enterprise, Feb. 29, 2004
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Founder and Managing Partner, ForeFront Election Solutions, LLC, 2004 – present
- Former Registrar of Voters, San Bernardino County, CA
- Former Director of Elections, Snohomish County, WA
- Former Director of Elections, Salt Lake County, UT
- Member, Election Center Task Force for Election Reform, 2001 – 2005
- Former Officer, US Army
- MA, Political Science, University of Utah
- BA, International Relations, Brigham Young University
- BA, French, Brigham Young University
- None found
- Quoted in: