- Democracy Fellow at The Century Foundation
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Do Electronic Voting Machines Improve the Voting Process?"
“There has been much said and written about the security, or lack of security, of new voting technologies. This is a legitimate issue, and voters rightfully will be concerned that their votes on these machines will be accurately cast and counted, and not be subject to computer bugs or hacking. However, there is also great peril that has resulted from the electronic voting machine backlash – the continued use in key states of punch-card ballot machines.”
“Playing Games with Democracy,” published on the website ReformElections.org, Oct. 2004)
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with JDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to electronic voting machine issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to electronic voting machine issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Senior Program Officer and Democracy Fellow, The Century Foundation
- Executive Director, The Century Foundation’s Post-2004 Election Reform Working Group
- Staff, National Commission on Federal Election Reform, 2001
- Gave expert testimony regarding federal election reform law before the New York State Assembly, the New York State Senate, the New York State Board of Elections, and the the New York City Council
- National Governing Board, Common Cause
- Member, Election Law Committee of the New York Bar Association
- JD, New York University School of Law, 1996
- BA, Barnard College of Columbia University
- None found
- Quoted in:
- Is Transmitting Votes from Individual Polling Stations to the Central Tabulation Center a Secure Process?
- Did Electronic Voting Machines Work Well in the November 7, 2006 General Election?
- Are Electronic Voting Machines the Best Way to Provide Access to Language Minorities?
- Are Electronic Voting Machines Accessible to Disabled Voters?
- Is It Possible for One Person to Vote Multiple Times in the Same Election on an Electronic Voting Machine?
- Do Poll Workers Receive Adequate Training to Facilitate Elections Conducted on Electronic Voting Machines?